There are many ways that you can support the Eviction Defense Collaborative, but the easiest and most immediate is to give online through this Web site.
Here are just a few of the reasons to support the EDC:
- We make the most of your contributions: 96% of our budget goes to our services.
- Our legal clinic assists over 2,500 families a year.
- Our rental assistance program helps over 600 families a year.
- Our Coming to Agreement program is extremely successful: 80% of the families assisted created a binding agreement with their landlord and avoided going to trial.
- We prevent homelessness: Eviction is a leading cause of homelessness.
- We preserve affordable housing: Maintaining low-income families in their below-market-rent homes is the most cost-effective affordable housing strategy.
- We encourage diversity: San Francisco is a better, more dignified city when people from diverse backgrounds, including the disabled, the working poor, minorities, and low income families can afford to keep the City their home.
- Everyone deserves equal access to the justice system: We make that happen.
- Our clients are satisfied:
- 98% of respondents say our counselors explained their legal options effectively.
- 99% of respondents say they understood our settlement conference preparatory workshop well.
- 93% of respondents rated the speed at which they were able to meet with a counselor as “excellent.”
There are many ways to support us:
- Donate Online Right Now!
- Mail Your Contribution
- Donate Office Equipment, Furniture, and Supplies
- Come to an EDC Event
- Volunteer at Our Office
- Tell a Friend About Our Good Work
- Direct Your Cy Pres Funds to the Eviction Defense Collaborative
- Pro Bono Work at the Courthouse
- Ask Your Employer About Matching Your Contribution
- Honor and Memorial Gifts
You may also make a donation or pledge in honor of or in memory of a family member or a friend.